- a Professor of Law and a Professorial Fellow in Psychiatry at the University of Melbourne, where he is Co-Director of the postgraduate Health Law Program;
- an Adjunct Professor of Forensic Medicine at Monash University;
- anAdjunct Professor at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, in the United States, where he teaches an online course in research integrity;
- an Adjunct Professor of Law at Griffith University;
- an Adjunct Professor in the Australian Centre for Health Law Research, Faculty of Law, Queensland University of Technology; and
- an Adjunct Professor at the Auckland University of Technology.
Between 2008 and 2013 he was a part-time Professor at Monash University in:
- the Law Faculty;
- the Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences; and
- the School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences .
Dr Freckelton KC has previously held professorial appointments on an honorary or adjunct basis at:
- the University of Sydney,
- Macquarie University,
- La Trobe University and
- the Auckland University of Technology.
He has held visiting appointments at the University of Melbourne (in criminolology), La Trobe University, (in law) Southern Cross University (in law), and Otago University (in health law).
Professor Freckelton has given lectures at universities throughout Australia and New Zealand and at many tertiary institutions in Europe, including Oxford University, and in North America.
His Orcid ID is: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7509-6375